Congratulations! you have aced your final exams in high school and have been accepted by the college/university of your choice.
Soon it will be time to leave your friends and family and venture out into the world of higher education.
In college you are going to be sharing a room and living quarters with strangers, unless you just happen to be going to the same college as your best friend. Unfortunately, this can be a stressful time for many.
There are many things you will need in your dorm room that will help make your life away from home more comfortable. Most people remember to pack the basics such as laptop computer, mobile phone, linen, printer, paper, shower necessities etc but here is a list of some items an experienced student wouldn’t be caught without.
- A sweatshirt you don’t mind losing
- Noise cancelling head phones – to block out the noise
- A foldable drying rack
- Bed Risers – enable under bed storage
- Laptop Lock – secure your most valuable asset
- Shatterproof Wine Glasses
- Portable Charger – don’t get caught with a dead battery
- Party themed clothes
- An HDMI cord
- Sewing Kit – for those emergency repairs
- An electric kettle – coffee, tea or cocoa anyone?
- Stain Remover Stick – for those accidental messes
- A collapsible water bottle
- Fabric steamer
- Printed photos of family and friends – helps if you’re homesick
- A bunk bed caddy – if you’re stuck with the top bunk
- Comfortable house shoes – cozy and warm for those study nights
- Ear plugs
- Eye mask
- A footlocker
- Reusable food containers
- Thick curtains
- Ethernet cable